Saturday, May 24, 2014

Insurgent

Ok so I read insurgent and Allegiant a month ago, but I never blogged about it.
 Insurgent was, ok. I didn't really enjoy it much because it was really just about Tris and Tobias's relationship, Tris doing dumb things, and Tris trying to kill Jeanine and all of the Eurdite because apparently all Eurdite are evil. It didn't really live up to Divergent.  It was a little irregularly paced, it went too fast in some spots, and too slow in some areas. The content was decent, but sometimes a little hard to follow.
Also I really don't like Tris's character too much, because of the way she nonchalantly treats people, usually , she thinks everyone else is tha attacker. Tris rarely feels like she is doing a lot of wrong. She barely feels any kind of wrong towards her friends and family. She does do those things with good purpose and intent though, and usually the destructive things she does is for some better and greater purpose. Despite her heroic yet destructive actions, if I met her her in real life, I would only talk to her if I was forced to. I think heroism isn't just being strong and brave like Tris is, but treating people with respect and treat them like they have feelings, which Tris only does for few people. Sure, you can be mad a people but seriously Tris? The things she does may be heroic, but I think Tris's heroism should go outside the classroom (if you understand that idiom). Overall, Insurgent wasn't the best by far, but it was decent, about a 6.5/10 if you ask me.

No comments: