Saturday, May 24, 2014

Allegiant

As I said before, I did read Allegiant a little under a month ago. I'd like to express my (probably unpopular) opinions about Allegiant.
Here goes the unpopular opinion number one. Allegiant was the worst book in the series to me. It really was. It was ok, barely ok. It seemed to me that it was very anti-climatic, and kinda boring and sluggish. They spent 95% of the book in a lab, everyone feeling lame because they are GD(genetically damaged), Tris (for once) trying people to not feel bad because Tris is the only GP(genetically perfect(which is very rare) ) , Tris and Tobias getting mad at each other and having trust issues, and Tris trying to be cocky and take over the lab place they were in.
I mean don't get me wrong, I really like the series as a whole, but not this individual book respectfully.
Unpopular opinion number two. Tris's death wasn't all that sad to me. First of all because I've had it spoiled way too much, secondly because I rarely get too sad over fictional character  deaths, thirdly Tris isn't really my favorite, and fourthly I think it happened a little too suddenly; I had to reread it to figure out what happened. Some of my favorite chapters happened in Tobias's POV though, I really liked his chapters. How he viewed Caleb, Christina, Tris, Peter and others was really cool too see. I really wanted to see the other characters POV's though.  It kinda upset me the way Tris treated Caleb, but she made up for it when she sacrificed herself for him In the end, even though she died.
5/10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This book killed me , I'm always complaining about how every book is the same always giving away a happy ending. And allegheny didn't do that. Even though I wanted different trus dying at the end was to much for me. I had to read it over and over again to be sure what I read was correct